Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Local Travels: The Metropolitan Museum of Art [Part 1]

Recently, my parents were in town and we took the opportunity to visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It is such a stunning space filled with incredible art, and I can’t believe that this is only the second time I’ve been since moving to New York City last March. 

Each trip to The Met makes me recall a favorite childhood book, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.  As a kid, it was hard not to envy the adventure of running away and living at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  

On this visit, I didn’t devise a runaway scheme, but did document some of my favorite spaces, sculptures, and exhibits in the museum.  A taste of our visit is below.






I'll be posting a few more pictures from the museum tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment