Sunday, May 6, 2012

Coffee Shop Sunday

[2010] Georgetown coffee shop, via Stephen's iPhone

It's been a light week, post wise, on Dogear Press.  Work has been keeping me very busy, and it's been hard to find time to spend on the blog, so today has been a real treat.  My husband and I are in Philly for a concert, and have spent most of today sitting in a Northern Liberties coffee shop.  He's been doing "work work," and I've been catching up on a little graphic design project I've been working on for a friend (to be featured here at a later time) and also working on some blog posts.

This has also given me an opportunity to think about how I'm spending my time at both work and "life" in general.  In the coming weeks (well, after we get back from an exciting family vacation to Korea and Hong Kong), one of my goals is to better manage my time both at work and at home. 

As far as work goes, a perennial challenge I've faced as a scientist is striking the right balance between bench work, data analysis, and reading the relevant literature in the field.  I tend to find myself at one extreme (usually the bench work side), and need to be better about keeping up with other people's work.

On the home front, some things I would like to work on (in no particular order): (1) prioritize exercise, (2) be better about planning and cooking meals, and (3) spend time AWAY from the computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment