Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snaps: Revisiting Philly

My husband and I spent the weekend before our big Korea/Hong Kong trip in Philadelphia.  I suppose one could argue that the more responsible thing to do would have been to stay in NYC and pack/prepare for our impending vacation, but I’m so glad we got to spend time in a city that I grew to truly love while I was there for graduate school. 

The impetus for our trip was to see one of our favorite musicians, Eric Hutchinson, perform at World Café Live.  We discovered him there when he was performing with the Hotel Café tour, and it was great to get to see him again (actually for the third time) at the same venue.  I’m sure that I will revisit both Eric Hutchinson (à la the Andrew Bird post) and Philly in future posts, but for now here are my favorite Instagram moments from the weekend.
 

Row 1: Greeted by 30th St Station, Edible Gardens display by Peg & Awl at Art in The Age of Mechanical Reproduction (LOVE this store - I miss wandering in there during my walks around Old City), cobblestone street next to Christ Church in Old City (tasty Old City Coffee is just down the way)

Row 2: I couldn’t resist the packaging of this Mast Brothers Chocolate (purchased at Art in the Age), Kraftwork in Fishtown - one of our many food stops during the weekend, dreamy lights at Frankford Hall (great beer garden, also in Fishtown)

Row 3: Pre-dinner drinks at Amada (one of our favorite restaurants), the Jose Garces tour of Philly continues at Jose Garces Trading Co: hunting down the amazing lavender truffle honey we had at Amada, a view of the dining area

Row 4: The view as we walk towards World Café Live, waiting for Eric Hutchinson to come on stage, good-night moon

No comments:

Post a Comment