Monday, July 9, 2012

Wish List: Bathrooms

When I think about our Philly condo, I do regret not having fully renovated the bathroom.  We made a few changes that improved the space (replaced the bathroom sink and vanity, installed floating wall shelves), but I always wished we could have redone the tile as well.  Below are some of my current favorite bathroom spaces (lots of white, black, and wood).  Generally, I prefer a clean, open space whether it feels more classic like the first image below, or much more minimal, as in the second.  And one day, if we ever live in an appropriate climate (and actually have our own house), I would love to have an indoor/outdoor bathroom.


Image sources (starting from top left): (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6)

As an aside, a fun “rescue” project during our minor bathroom redo resulted in the large mirror on the back wall of our living room (you can see the finished product in the first image here).  That mirror took up an entire bathroom wall, and we asked our contractors to try to take the mirror down without damaging it.  It was a successful venture, and so Stephen constructed and stained the wood frame that you see around the mirror!

1 comment:

  1. These are the kind of bathrooms that I can imagine living in. Especially3, 4, and 5 for me. :)

    ReplyDelete