Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Love. And also, cake.


Three years ago today, I married a wonderful man.  This week on the blog, I'm taking a trip down memory lane by revisiting some favorite details from our wedding.

When we lived in Philadelphia, I loved the baked goods made by Tartes Fine Cakes & Pastries (I still think about their plum & ginger brown butter tart).  This one room pink building was just around the corner from our condo, and I was thrilled to ask a “neighbor” to bake our wedding cake.  I absolutely loved (and still do) the elegant, sophisticated cake Teresa (the owner and pastry chef) created for us.  And the cake tasted just as good as it looked! 


For our one year wedding anniversary, I asked Teresa to make a mini-version of our wedding cake, and she baked the lovely creation that you see below.  I took these photos back in 2010, and I’m so glad to be able to share her talent!


A little extra - yesterday I was at The Eagle's Nest sharing some of my fall fashion wish list items.  Hop on over and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment