Thursday, September 6, 2012

Snaps: US Open 2012

I love tennis.  We’re talking serious LOVE.  And I’m thankful that I married a man who shares my crazy passion for the sport, who aids and abets 12-hour days at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.  Needless to say, when the US Open rolls around, I’m in tennis heaven; these are two of my favorite weeks in New York City.

This year, the tennis gods gave us two glorious days at the Open.  Marin Cilic versus Kei Nishikori on the perfectly intimate Court 17.  Olympic gold-medalist Andy Murray.  An unexpected three set battle between an unseeded American women’s doubles team and the fourth-seeded Russians.  Stalwart Aussie Lleyton Hewitt versus always tough David Ferrer.  An all-Argentinian battle between Juan Martin Del Potro and Leonardo Mayer.  The singular beauty of Richard Gasquet’s one-handed backhand. World #1 Victoria Azarenka.  Oh.  And scoring two free tickets to Ashe for a night session.

As Stephen and I were finishing a late dinner on our last day at the Open, we overheard a young man’s enthusiastic, “We saw the BEST matches today.”  And we knew exactly how he felt.






A little extra - yesterday I had another visit to The Eagle's Nest where I shared some party inspiration.  You can see it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment