Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote

On this Election Day I hope that all of you who are eligible will go out and vote.  I still remember the excitement and pride I felt when I was able to vote in my first Presidential Election.  The election was during my sophomore year of college, and unfortunately, I had missed the deadline to request an absentee ballot.  However, not voting was not an option, so I made the trip back to my hometown (luckily in the same state) to cast my ballot.  This year, I will be at my polling place bright and early before heading out to work.

For New Yorkers who have been displaced by Hurricane Sandy, Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed an executive order that allows individuals to vote by affidavit ballot at any polling place (however, only the Presidential and US Senate races will be on the ballot).

No comments:

Post a Comment