Monday, April 9, 2012

Ephemeral Spring

The same tree on E 68th St, one week apart.

So much of spring beauty is ephemeral, but somehow, the fleeting nature of this season seems exacerbated in New York.  I wonder if I feel this way because the abundance of delicate flowers is so at odds with the hard lines, skyscrapers, and concrete that dominate the city.  This year I felt as though all of the trees blossomed overnight, and I promised myself that I would get at least a few photos of New York City in full spring with my digital SLR.  So a few weekends ago, I took my camera around Manhattan and Roosevelt Island.  The photos here are a sampling of the images I captured on Manhattan Island.  I can't get over the amazing canopy created by the flowering trees in the last photo - perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment