Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mercurial Delray Beach

We were recently in Delray Beach, Florida for our good friends’ wedding, and I have quite a few photos (iPhone and digital SLR) from the trip I will eventually post, but I couldn’t wait to share a few of my favorites from Delray Beach.   Luckily (or more accurately, thanks to the bride’s recommendation), our hotel was right by the beach, so we were able to spend some time there both before and after the wedding.  Whether the sea is perfectly flat and serenely calm, or roiling with powerful waves (just take a look at the difference in the photos in this post), the open water of the ocean never fails to be awe-inspiring.

On the second day we were at the beach, the dramatic contrast of the rolling surf and the amazing clouds in the sky was something to behold.  I ended up choosing more artistic filters for the Instagram photos from this day because they seemed to better fit the mood on the beach.  By contrast, the first set of Instagram photos (at the very beginning of the post) has no additional filters applied to them.  For some reason, the unprocessed images alone felt more “right” to me.

I’m amazed by the quality of the photos I can take with my iPhone 4S camera.  When the light is good, the phone can be a source of some stunning images.  The three below are my favorite iPhone only (no Instagram, no additional processing) photos from our walks on the beach.  The scale of the clouds in the first photo just takes my breath away.


No comments:

Post a Comment